Axe Throwing is now available at our Yarmouth location!
Got an Axe to Grind?
We’re so excited to debut our newest gaming feature – Axe Throwing (you know, just like darts, but with hatchets)!
It’s all part of our new expansion and renovations in South Yarmouth.
Along with 4 Axe Throwing Lanes, you’ll also see a new corn hole area with sets that can be rented by the hour, a brand-new arcade room with double the games and plenty of space for having fun.
Feeling a little intimidated about throwing an axe?
No worries, our experienced Axe Coaches are always on hand to get you going. Believe it or not, success in Axe Throwing is not about strength, it’s all in the technique.
So, grab your friends and flannel shirts and come have a kick-axe time!
(Note: Axe Throwing is 18+.)
AXE THROWING SPECIAL
Axe Throwing is a target sport, similar to darts, where people face off against each other and try to throw their axe into the target.
No experience necessary! Every session begins with an orientation with one of our highly trained Axe Coaches. You’ll learn technique and safety skills, and have an
opportunity to practice before your game begins. Axe throwing is much more about momentum and technique than strength. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to stick
it…and how addicting it is!
All players must be at least 18 years-old.
Up to 6 people can play together in one lane.
Closed toe shoes are required. Other than that, it’s up to you. We recommend comfortable clothes because this is a sport after all. Jeans and flannel shirts are always appropriate!
Yes, we do. Our menu includes pizza, wings and snacks.
No, we provide the axes.
Safety is our number one priority. Every lane is surrounded by a cage and we have strict safety parameters in place. Prior to playing, all players will participate in a safety briefing with our experienced Axe Coach. The lanes are consistently monitored by the Coach, who will boot any player not following the rules!
Reservations are highly recommended to secure a lane for your group. However, walk-ins are always welcome if a lane is available.
Sessions can be booked for 30 or 60 minutes.
$15 per person for 30 minutes
$25 per person for 60 minutes
Yes, we are.
Definitely! Axe throwing is a great activity for team building, bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthdays, even divorce parties. Forget the boring office picnic, this is an outing every member of the team will look forward to and remember! Call us at 508-394-5644 to book an event.
You can absolutely come by yourself to sharpen your skills!
Our Axe Throwing game formats utilize a touch screen display interface that keeps track of the team and individual player scores. The game scores are projected onto a large scoreboard above the Axe Target Area. Both the touch screen and scoreboard show the photo and name of the current player throwing in each lane as well as the next player up.
Players register at one of our sign-in kiosks or their smartphone. They enter their name, code name, player photo, email/phone number, and electronically sign a waiver. At the end of a session, all players are emailed their score card for all the games they played, which they can then share with their friends or family.
Axe Throwing Rules
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- All participants must agree to the
- Acknowledgement and Release Agreement
- Closed-toe shoes are required for anyone entering the axe throwing area.
- High heels are not allowed
- One Axe, One Target (only throw one axe at a time)
- You must use the axes provided
- One person per lane and no trick shots
- Axes may not be removed from the fenced-in throwing areas
- After retrieving your axe, return axe to magnet bar (do not give axe to next thrower)
- Keep hands off the lane dividers
- Before taking your turn, make sure you are the person “Throwing” (as shown on the screen) and you are in the correct lane
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the axe throwing lanes
- Follow all instructions provided by the safety video and axe instructor
- Any rules or safety violations may result in the immediate expulsion from the axe throwing area
Anyone with the following physical or mental conditions should exercise caution when playing:
- Women who may be pregnant
- Back, shoulder and/or neck ailments
- Heart ailments
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Any other physical or mental condition that might be affected by playing or might prevent you from throwing the axe safely